FOURTH SEMESTER DEGREE EXAMINATION, APRIL 2019
Part A ( Each Question Carries 1 Marks )
1. An Entrepreneur who willingly seizes the opportunities to take up entrepreneurial activities is:
(a) Spontaneous Entrepreneur.
(b) Industrial Entrepreneur.
(c) Professional Entrepreneur.
(d) Technical Entrepreneur.
Ans: (a) Spontaneous Entrepreneur
2. ___________ is defined as a women or a group of women who initiate, organize and run a business enterprise.
(a) Instigated Entrepreneur.
(b) Active Entrepreneur.
(c) Women Entrepreneur.
(d) Drone Entrepreneur.
Ans: (c) Women Entrepreneur
3. KSIDCO was incorporated under:
(a) Companies Act 1956.
(b) EXIM Policy 2007.
(c) Foreign Trade Act 1992.
(d) Industrial Policy 1991.
Ans: Companies Act 1956
4. The MSME Development Act come into force in:
Ans: (d) 2006
5. ___________ is a report which contains reliable data regarding a project.
(a) Financial report.
(b) Project report.
(c) Interim report.
(d) Annual report.
Ans: (b) Project report
6. ___________ is a member of the family of the promoter who enters the existing enterprise And discharges all the duties of an entrepreneurs.
7. NEDB stands for ___________ .
Ans: NEBD – National Entrepreneur Development Board.
8. Invention is the discovery of something new, while_________is the application of inventions to make a new and better product.
Ans: Innovation / commercialisation.
9. ___________ is a set of activities performed by an entrepreneur to establish, develop and carry on his business in a new and better way.
10. ___________ has been introduced with a view to simplify procedure in connection with the registration of SSI units and to expedite clearance.
Ans: Udyog aadhar.
Part B ( Each Question Carries 2 Marks )
11. What is a foreign collaboration ?
12. Who are Fabian entrepreneur ?
Ans: Fabian Entrepreneur – they try to follow the footsteps of their predecessor. They follow old customs, tradition, sentiment etc. They take up new project only when it is necessary to do so.
13. What is EDP ?
Ans: EDP – Entrepreneur Development Programme. Entrepreneurship is the process of changing ideas into commercial opportunities and create value.
14. Name any four special agencies involved in entrepreneurial development and training in India.
Ans: Agencies involved in EDP training in India:-
i) National Small Industries Cooperation – NSIC
ii) National Alliance of Young Entrepreneur – NAYE
15. State the classification of incentives.
Ans: Four objective of EDP:-
i) Develop and strengthen entrepreneurial quality
ii) Removing unemployment
iii) Enhancing industrial development
iv) Developing industrially backward region
16. Mention any four objectives of EDP.
Ans: Incentive generally means encouraging productivity, Incentive is the financial and promotional assistance provided by the government to the industries for boosting up industrial development in all
regions particularly in backward areas. It is a motivational force which encourages an entrepreneur to take a right decision and act upon it. The object of incentives is to motivate an entrepreneur to start new ventures in the larger Interest of the nation and the society. Incentives include concession, subsidies and bounties Subsidy denotes a single lump sum which is given by a government to an entrepreneur to cover the cost. It is granted to an industry which is considered essential in the national interest. The term bounty denotes bonus ar financial aid which is given by a government to an industry to help it compete with other units in home market or in a foreign market. It is given in proportion to its output. Bounty offers benefits on a particular industry, while a subsidy is given in the interest of the nation.
17. What is KINFRA?
Ans: Kerala Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation (KINFRA) KINFRA is the most prestigious establishment of Government of Kerala in the field infrastructure development. It was set up in 1993 with the major objective of providing facility required for setting up industries by the development of Industrial Parks/Townships/Zones, etc was set up by an Act of Legislation (The Kerala Industrial Infrastructure Development Act, 1993), in pursuance of the declaration made in the Industrial Policy Statement of Government of Kerala . It aims at accelerating the industrial development of the State by providing world-class infrastructure facilities industries. KINFRA offers comprehensive assistance right from project identification. The corporation’s gamut of services include-Venture Counsel; Technology sourcing, evaluation and tie-ups; Capital sourcing, incentives and benefits; Marketing Research and Management Consultancy, Identifying expansion and diversification opportunities, etc. The Corporation has been established and incorporated with the main purposes of securing and assisting in the rapid and orderly establishment and organization of industries in industrial areas and industrial estates in the State and for the purpose of establishing growth centres and infrastructure facilities in connection with the establishment and organization of such, KINFRA aims at bringing together all the suitable resources available in the State and develop infrastructure to woo the industrial growth of the State, KINFRA is dedicated to catalyse industrial growth in Kerala by providing the best industry-specific-infrastructure for the Entrepreneurs .KINFRA is developing the industrial parks for setting up industrial units based on availability of raw-materials and natural resources of the region. These industry specific parks provide world-class infrastructure facilities and thus minimize lead time for operations. Eleven Projects of KINFRA are under various stages of implementation and seven projects have already been completed.
18. What is Entrepreneurship?
Ans: Entrepreneurship is the process of changing ideas into commercial opportunities and creating value. In the words of Stevenson and others, “entrepreneurship is the process of creating value by bringing together a unique package of resources to exploit an opportunity”. According to D.C. McClelland, “Entrepreneurship is doing things in a better way and decision making under the conditions of uncertainty J.A. Timmans has defined entrepreneurship as the ability to create and build something from practically nothing” Thus, entrepreneurship is the process of identifying opportunities in the market place, arranging the resources required to pursue these opportunities and investing the resources to exploit the opportunities for long term gains.
Entrepreneurship Is mathematically defined as follows:
Entrepreneurship=Entrepreneur + Enterprise
(Process) (Person) (Object)
19. State the characteristics of entrepreneurs.
20. Who are the interested parties of a project report?
Part C ( Each Question Carries Marks )
21. Explain the functions and services of KITCO.
22. Define seed capital assistance.
23. Explain the relevance of financial analysis in project appraisal.
24. What are remedies have to be adopted for solving the problem of women entrepreneurs ?
25. What is network analysis in project management ?
26. What is project viability and how it is determined ?
27. State the role of entrepreneurship in economic development.
28. Meaning of business incubation and how to start a business incubation center?
Part D ( Each Question Carries 15 Marks )
29. Define sick units. Mention its causes and consequences of sickness.
30. What are the guidelines for the formulation of project report ?
31. Explain industrial policy and its needs, objectives and importance.